Raymond has 37 years of Workers’ Compensation experience and holds a certification as a Certified Medicare Secondary Payer Professional-Fellow which is keenly relevant to workers' compensation. He is very proud of his “AV” rating with Martindale-Hubbell’s United States Law Directory (defined as very high to preeminent legal ability).
Ray graduated from Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois in 1982 where he was nominated to the Order of Omega Leadership Society. He graduated from the John Marshall Law School in Chicago in 1985 as a Law Review staff editor. Once certified by the NFLPA as a player agent, and represented some professional wrestlers as well. He is happy to share some stories with you.
In his spare time, Raymond runs a kids cancer foundation known as Little Heroes Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation, which is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit affiliate of the Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago (FKA Children’s Memorial Hospital), and Comer Children’s Hospital at the University of Chicago. He is also a high school baseball coach and collects Roller Derby memorabilia.
Raymond grew up in the blue-collar town of Calumet City, Illinois. He had his hands in the grease of iron yards and steel mills.
- 1985, Illinois
- John Marshall Law School/UIC, Class of 1985, J.D.
- Bradley University, Class of 1982, B.A.
Associations & Memberships
- Chicago (Member: Industrial Commission Committee Sports Law Committee) Association
- Illinois State Bar Association, Tort Law Section
- American Bar Association
- Workers Compensation Lawyers Association (Illinois)
- Casualty Adjusters Association of Chicago
- Workers' Compensation Claims Association
Hobbies & Interests
- Runs a kids cancer foundation known as Little Heroes Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation, which is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit affiliate of the Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (FKA Children's Memorial Hospital)
- Comer Children's Hospital at the University of Chicago
- Ray is also head coach of a high school baseball team
- Arena Football Podcast, Workers Compensation, 2020
- Annual Seminar, ADA and FMLA, 1993
- Worker's Compensation Claims Association, Jurisdiction, 1991
- Chicago Kent Law School, Worker's Compensation In Professional Sports, 1991
- Arena Footbal Annual Meeting, Worker's Compensation Exposure, 1990
- Bryan Bergey v. Arena Football, Won at trial, settled while on appeal
- Wage differential, Win